An Activitist (not to be confused with an activist) is an active proponent of activities. Activitism is the opposite of being passively entertained. An activitist seeks to engage his or her environment as opposed to merely being a consumer, an observer, a member of the audience.
Activitist ac·tiv·it·ist (ak-tiv-uh-tist)
1. an especially active, vigorous person
2. one who likes activities
2. of or pertaining to activitism or activitists: an activitist organization for playing frisbee.
3. wanting to get out of the house and do something cool. The Activitist Discordians were wearing fake moustaches.
Because the spelling is very similar, and it should be clarified that we're not talking about activists, the definition of activist is presented below.
Activist ac·tiv·ist (ak-tuh-vist)
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of a cause, esp. a political cause.
2. of or pertaining to activism or activists: an activist organization for environmental concern.
3. advocating or opposing a cause or issue vigorously, esp. a political cause: Activist opponents of the President picketed the White House.
Types of Discordians include