The Romans left a likeness of Her for posterity - She was shown as a grotesque woman with a pale and ghastly look, Her eyes afire, Her garment ripped and torn, and as concealing a dagger in Her Bosom. Actually, most women look pale and ghastly when concealing a chilly dagger in their bosoms.
Her geneology is from the Greeks and is utterly confused. Either She was the twin of Ares and the daughter of Zeus and Hera; or She was the daughter of Nyx, goddess of night (who was either the daughter or wife of Chaos, or both), and Nyx's brother, Erebus, and whose brothers and sisters include Death, Doom, Mockery, and Friendship. And that She begat Forgetfulness, Quarrels, Lies, and a bunch of gods and goddesses like that.
One day Mal-2 consulted his Pineal Gland and asked Eris if She really created all of those terrible things. She told him that She had always liked the Old Greeks, but that they cannot be trusted with historic matters. "They were," She added, "victims of indigestion, you know."
Suffice it to say that Eris is not hateful or malicious. But She is mischievous, and does get a little bitchy at times.
Due to her reputation as a troublemaker, Zeus did not invite Eris to the marriage of Thetis and Peleus: Discordians refer to this as The Original Snub. So, she took up a Golden Apple in which she carved καλλίστη (To the fairest/To the prettiest one) and threw it into the crowd. It is traditionally told that Aphrodite, Hera, and Athena fought over it as Eris went off to enjoy a hot dog, but the rest of those vain gods got into the act as well. Of course this is due to the fact that the golden apple was actually made of acapulco gold. This, naturally, led to the Trojan War. The day of the marriage is thought to be Setting Orange.
Eris appears in a number of more recent stories, including:
- Jubilus Eucharisticus Coelestis Sion, seu sexcenta anagrammata, ex programmatae: eucharistia, eruta; et ad majus fomentum & augmentum devotionis, erga venerabile altaris sacramentum, versibus explicata, elogiis illustrata, piisque affectibus exornata. Opusculum curiosum, non solum poësos amatoribus, sed & concionatoribus, parochis & religiosis materiam suppeditans ad amplificandas laudes ejusdem sacramenti
- The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
- The Illuminatus! Trilogy
- Hercules (television show)
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
- My Little Porny: Fucking is Magic
- Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas 2003 animated feature.
- Xena (television show)
- Harley Quinn (DC Universe series)
All of these appearances are Eris, but none of them are the same Eris.
|This page uses content from Principia Discordia on page 00015, and may share a type of similarity with the original. The type of similarity that they may share might be called "identical." Or not. All rights reversed.|
- It's true ! /u/ScalSaver