Purportedly a strategy of Operation Mindfuck launched by the POEE, Pope cards make official what we all know anyway.
Rights and Responsibilities
Additionally, many members have taken to writing the following on the back of the card:
The Rights of =POPE= include, but are not limited to:
- To invoke infallibility at any time, including retroactively.
- To completely rework the Erisian Church
- To baptise, bury and marry (with the permission of the deceased in the latter two cases).
- To excommunicate, deexcommunicate, reexcommunicate and dereexcommunicate (no backsies!) both his-/her-/it-/them-/your-/our/His-/Her-/It-/Them-/Your-/Our-self/selves and others (if any).
- To perform all rites and functions deemed inappropriate for a Pope of Discordia.
Popes are entitled to choose appropriate headgear as is suitable for the office, though are entirely optional as decreed by his holiness Saint George Carlin.
Variations and chaos culture
Pope cards have become popular in various sub-cultures, including psychedelic communities, cyberpunks and other post-logic and pro-chaos ambassadors. Variations are popular. The synthelic pope card is such an example.
- Original pope cards at principiadiscordia.com
- Discordia Merchandising produces retail POPE Cards on specialty card stocks in limited runs, and sold in stacks of 23 for handing out to new recruits. Available only through their novelty storefront Populous Ephemera
- Hyperdiscordia Crywalt Personalized Pope Card Generator
- the other anonymous's gallery of Printable Toys, including many Pope Cards